Sunday, September 15, 2013

8/12/13

Yesterday and today I worked on the head of a jazz chord-melody.  It seems simple for a jazz song,
but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.  Claire, my 4 year old, heard me playing it and liked it.  She said
it was a sleepy song.  So it will be called Claire’s lullaby.

6/17/13

I came across a title for a song tonight.  Riastrad.  I don’t usually start with a title and create a song, but it has happened a few times.

6/14/13

I’m headed to the shed this evening for some more recording.  What is the shed?  Based off the phrase “woodsheddin”, it is literally my shed that I built to go practice.  Having 4 children in the house, it is neither quiet enough to record nor practice.  Likewise, I needed somewhere I could play my electric after the children go to bed at 8 PM.  So, the shed is where I go.  It is a simple building with about a 10X16 footprint about 50 yards from the house.  It houses my amps (re-issues of a ’65 Twin and a Princeton), effects, and most of my 10 guitars.  It also houses my stereo, albums, reel-to-reel, an old computer, and back-up drives with my MP3 databases.  Recording is taking place these days with a Zoom H4N.  To plug into that I am looking at a couple of different mics for the recording of the CD.  I’m looking at a Shure SM81, paired with either a Rode M3 or an AKG C 451 B.  For demo’ing and recording, I’m still using the on-board Zoom mics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home