Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New Song?

I have a new concept for a song.  I don't know if this happens with others, but sometimes I hear a song differently than the way it sounds.  I know that is strange.  But if there is a lot of background noise or if the volume is very, very low...my brain will interpret the sound and I will hear it differently than what the actual song is.  When I turn up the volume or the background sound drops out I realize that the song is completely different.  That's what happened last night.  I was playing around with Time and Faith and came up with an extension of that song.  The TV was on in the background and what I heard was different.  When I went into another room to pursue the new extension, it sounded completely different from what I was hearing myself play with the TV on.  I was chasing something with intervals based on 6ths.  But it didn't sound right when I went into the other room.  I think I can get what I was hearing by working with intervals of 6th sand 7ths.  So I will chase that tonight.  Will it be a part of Time and Faith?  I doubt it.  I think it will end up being a new song.  I have a working title of "To Walk the Path Again".

Finally going back to listening to Townes Van Zandt.  It's hard breaking him back out, but I need him.  Listening to Live at the Old Quarter now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home