Saturday, September 23, 2006

Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians - Stranger Things

I was walking through Wal-Mart one night when I saw a new album was out by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians. Being a fan, I grabbed the CD and couldn’t wait to hear it. It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I like it. At first, I thought it lacked energy. Compared to the tracks that were on the Live Montauk Sessions, they do. I still contend that that CD is probably their best work. This album has some good songs but I think it’s a bit over-produced. Edie and the NB’s seem to be easily dominated in the studio by whoever is producing. And I would’ve never have known that had I not heard the Montauk Sessions. I think the best thing they could do would be to release a live album. Or even follow SCI and Phish’s lead and release a whole tour on mail-order CDs. I bet they really kick ass live. Stranger Things is worth picking up. Expect it to fall in-between Shooting Rubberbands and Ghost of a Dog. Not as good ass the first, better than the second, studio album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home